admin Tue, 01/16/2007 - 03:00
Ok, so the new version of iTowler.com went “live” on Jan. 6 of 2007. I have had the iTowler.com domain for about a year now, and it is just now starting to look, do and feel like I had envisioned it. The goal is to have a space on the net that my family and friends can get to and share pictures, and thoughts. In addition I really want a place for family members (both close and distant) to come to work on our family tree. So what next…?
So far I do not have that many people that are registered at the site, and I want that to change. Why would anyone want to come to iTowler.com? In an effort to make it more interesting to come here, I have set a goal of at least 52 blog posts in the next year. The idea is that you will want to come and visit, and see what I am writing about, or see what the latest new feature on the website is. We will see how that goes.
Ok 52 posts in the next year (and Yes I am counting this as number 2) could be a little harder to do than I think, I mean, after all, I do not live that exciting of a life. What do I have to write about? I have a few ideas:
- Like writing about some of the interesting items that I discover while researching my family tree (although this requires that there are some stories there just waiting to be told, and there may not be, we will see)
- How to live a “greener” life
- The positive force that is “Open Source Software” (and the evil that is Microsoft and company..)
- Great and cool new “tech toys”
- Home theater stuff (Think: Tips and tricks, movies reviews, equipment reviews etc.)
- Beer and wine tasting results.
So I have a few ideas, now I just need to get to writing some posts. I am open to suggestions, so feel free to drop me a line (you can use the contact me button.)
’till next time.