Re-examining my line
admin Fri, 04/03/2009 - 02:55
Recently more DNA Genealogy results have come in, and this has caused me to re-examine my lineage. Thanks to the work that I and a few cousins have done, I have been able to trace my linage back 9 generations. Each of these generations has a document or more that helps substantiate the link (again thanks to some cousins for their work).
In a recent book by Ray Toler, Mr. Toler proposes another 5 genearations to my proven 9. I did a review of Mr. Toler's book, and you can read it here. If we use Mr. Toler’s book as a guide, my line would look like this:
0. Me (Documented)
1. My Father (Documented)
2. Henry Preston Towler (Documented)
3. John Henry Towler (Documented)
4. Caleb Preston Towler (Documented)
5. Robert Towler / Toler (Documented)
6. Caleb Towler / Toler (Documented)
7. William Henry Toler (Documented)
8. Joseph Toler (Documented)
9. William Toler (Documented)
10. Joshua Toler
11. Thomas Toler (B abt 1670)
12. James Toler (B abt 1640)
13. James Toler (B abt 1620)
14. Charles Towler (Virginia Company)
What does this mean? We need to find other forms of documentation for the portion of the line that goes back from Joshua. These will not be easy… but it looks like we are getting more and more proof that the Toler / Towler name has been in the country for more than 400 years!
The DNA results will prove to be interesting!